CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
About this product
- DescriptionMothers-to-be who plan a natural birth at a hospital will benefit from minimal medical intervention, while feeling comforted by the proximity of the life-saving technology that only a hospital can provide. This guide is designed to demonstrate to future moms how the hospital is the best place for a peaceful, natural, and safe birth.
- Author BiographyCynthia Gabriel is a medical anthropologist, mother of three, and a doula who has attended nearly 100 births. She trains doulas, parents-to-be, childbirth educators, midwives, nurses, and hospital administrators on how to have natural childbirths in hospital settings. With a PhD from the University of California at Santa Cruz and a Post-Doctorate Fellowship from the University of Michigan, she also conducts research on stress during pregnancy among African American women. She previously served as Vice President of the Board of Directors for the Center for the Childbearing Year. Gabriel is also the founder of Growing Together, a Life Learning Center, which offers psychotherapy and life coaching services in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where she resides.
- Author(s)Cynthia M. Gabriel
- PublisherHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- GenrePregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date02/07/2016
- Content Note2-color illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.