Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £22.03Trending at £23.37
- £7.47Trending at £7.67
- £21.47Trending at £22.55
- £30.18Trending at £36.01
- £5.99Trending at £8.87
- £17.01Trending at £18.64
- £13.43Trending at £18.85
About this product
- DescriptionNatural kinds are an important topic in current philosophical debate. This edited collection examines kinds from a new focal point, that of the empirical activities and categorizations used by scientists to define them. An esteemed group of contributors explore the nature of kinds and kinding across a variety of disciplines.
- Author BiographyCatherine Kendig is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Missouri Western State University. She completed her PhD at the University of Exeter/ESRC Centre for Genomics in Society (Egenis) and her MSc in Philosophy and History of Science at King's College London. Kendig has research interests in philosophy of scientific classification, natural kinds, philosophy of science in practice, synthetic biology, ethics of new and emerging technologies, and philosophy of race. Her work on these topics is published in Ratio, Science and Engineering Ethics, Science & Education, History and Philosophy of the Life Sciences, and International Studies in the Philosophy of Science.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2015
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleHistory and Philosophy of Biology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPickering & Chatto (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCatherine Kendig
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.