All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionArgues that contemporary ideas and practices concerning nature and technology remain closely bound up with religious ways of thinking and acting. This work reinterprets a range of 'secular' phenomena in terms of their conditioning by a complex series of transformations of the sacred in Western history.
- Author BiographyBronislaw Szerszynski is Lecturer in Environment and Culture at the Centre for the Study of Environmental Change and the Institute for Environment, Philosophy and Public Policy at Lancaster University. He is the co-editor of Nature Performed: Environment, Culture and Performance (Blackwell, 2003), Re-Ordering Nature: Theology, Society and the New Genetics (2003) and Risk, Environment and Modernity: Towards a New Ecology (1996).
- Author(s)Dr Bronislaw Szerszynski
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2004
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleReligion and Spirituality in the Modern World
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight476 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.