Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £7.61
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.87Trending at £16.59
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.51Trending at £4.99
About this product
- DescriptionW.D.Hamilton was responsible for one of the major revolutions in evolutionary thought since Darwin - that of the 'gene's eye view of life'. He was a scientific pioneer, a misunderstood genius: risk-taker, jungle explorer, and uncompromising truth-seeker. This illuminating and moving biography documents Hamilton's extraordinary life and science.
- Author BiographyUllica Segerstrale is Professor of Sociology at Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago and director of its Camras Scholars Program. She holds a PhD in sociology from Harvard, a MA in communication from the University of Pennsylvania, and MS degrees in both organic chemistry and sociology from the University of Helsinki. She has held Guggenheim and Fulbright fellowships, and been supported by the American Philosophical Society, the Rockefeller Foundation and the Sloan Foundation, among others. She is a member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts, and the Finnish Academy of Sciences and Letters. Segerstrale has written and lectured widely internationally on science and values, the ethics of research, and the debates about what it means to be human. Her books include Defenders of the Truth: The battle for science in the sociobiology debate and beyond, and Beyond the Science Wars: The missing discourse about science and society.
- Author(s)Ullica Segerstrale
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note20 B&W
- Weight858 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.