All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the history of the persecution and deportation of France's Jews is well known, the three Parisian satellite camps have been subjected to the silence of both memory and history. This lack of attention by the most authoritative voices on the subject can perhaps be explained by the absence of a collective memory...
- Author BiographyJean-Marc Dreyfus is an historian and Lecturer at the University of Manchester, UK. He is a specialist on the economic Aryanization during the Holocaust. His other topics of interest include the consequences of the Holocaust in European politics and diplomacy, the history of Alsace since 1870, and the history of the Jews in France. He is the co-editor of the Dictionnaire de la Shoah (Larousse 2009) and the editor of an Auschwitz memoir by Yvonne Redgis-Klug, Survivre. Souvenirs d'une rescapee d'Auschwitz (1945), (Larousse 2010). Sarah Gensburger studied sociology the Ecole Normale Superieure and Sciences Po and is a sociologist of memory. Researcher at the CNRS, she is the co-editor of Resisting Genocides (Columbia University Press 2010) and Images d'un pillage. Album de la Spoliation des Juifs a Paris(Textuel 2010). She recently published Les Justes de Frances. Politiques publiques de la memoire(Sciences Po 2010) and is currently working on the process that led memory to become a category of State intervention.
- Author(s)Jean-Marc Dreyfus,Sarah Gensburger
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication09/12/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byJonathan Hensher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.