Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.07Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- DescriptionThis title explores the growing inequalities associated with nation-based citizenship from the perspective of migrant women workers who have made their way from impoverished Third World countries to work in Canada in the caregiving industries of domestic service and nursing.
- Author BiographyABIGAIL B. BAKAN is Professor of Political Studies at Queen's University. Recent publications include Critical Political Studies: Debates and Dialogues from the Left (edited with Eleanor MacDonald), and Employment Equity Policy in Canada: An Interprovincial Comparison (with Audrey Kobayashi). Her areas of research include employment equity policy in Canada, Third World immigrant women, globalization and the politics of Caribbean development. DAIVA STASIULIS is Professor of Sociology at Carleton University. Her publications include Unsettling Settler Societies: Articulations of Gender, Race, Ethnicity and Class (with Nira Yuval-Davis). Her current research examines children's citizenship and the sexualisation of children in popular culture. Abigail B. Bakan and Daiva K. Stasiulis have jointly edited Not One of the Family: Foreign Domestic Workers in Canada.
- Author(s)Abigail B. Bakan,Daiva Stasiulis
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/12/2003
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.