All listings for this product
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £3.99Trending at £4.47
- £5.27Trending at £6.96
- £6.49Trending at £8.18
- £10.02Trending at £14.92
- £6.59Trending at £7.95
- £24.89Trending at £26.59
- £33.52Trending at £41.80
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uses a post-modern approach to explore how Japanese returnee students (kikokushijo) and former returnees who work in Japanese industry, negotiate multiple identities.
- Author BiographyKiyoko Sueda (Ph.D., Lancaster University, 2002) is professor of communication studies and is currently Chair of the Department of International Communication, School of International Politics, Economics and Communication, Aoyama Gakuin University in Tokyo, Japan. She teaches communication theories, interpersonal communication, intercultural communication, and intercultural training. Her research interests include face (social), identities, shame and pride in interpersonal and intercultural communication. She has written on face, identities, reintegration of shame, communication theories, intercultural communication, and methodologies and methods in communication studies. Her co-authored book, `Komyunikeishon gaku: Sono tenboh to shiten (Communication studies: Perspectives and prospects)' is one of the best sellers among textbooks on communication studies in Japan. Her co-edited book, `Komyunikeishon kenkyu hoh (Research methods in communication studies)' was nominated by the Communication Association of Japan as the most outstanding book published in 2011. She has served SIETAR Japan as Vice President from 1998-2001 and 2002-2004, and has served SIETAR Japan and Intercultural Education Society, Japan, as a member of editorial board. She is also engaged in the activities of the Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies organisation and has served as a Global Advisory Board member since 2005.
- Author(s)Kiyoko Sueda
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note4 Illustrations, color; 20 Illustrations, black and white; XXIV, 180 p. 24 illus., 4 illus. in color.
- Weight473 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2014 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.