CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £20.80Trending at £22.01
- £14.67Trending at £14.90
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.61
- £17.29Trending at £28.07
- £23.56Trending at £40.22
- £11.91Trending at £20.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the outcome of interdisciplinary research investigating female participation in politics in rural India. The participants were all rural and mostly illiterate women who dared to explore the public space by entering into grassroots political institutions as a result of the quota introduced in 1992.
- Author BiographyDr Hiranmayee Mishra has taught at a rural-based college in the state of Odisha since 1992. She is presently working as the Director of the Women's Studies Centre at an autonomous college which offers a degree level course in Women's Studies, the first of its kind in the state. She offers gender training and leads gender sensitization camps in both Government and Non-Government Sectors. Dr. Mishra was awarded a fellowship by the International Ford Foundation and was a Fellow from 2007-2010 at the University of York, UK. She is an acclaimed creative writer and has received many awards for her literary excellence.
- Author(s)Hiranmayee Mishra
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.