All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ambassador David Donoghue,Felix Dodds,Jimena Leiva Roesch
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 11 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsForeword Ambassador Macharia Kamau 1. A New Beginning Conceiving Sustainable Development Goals Introduction The Millennium Development Goals Global Financial Crisis and the Role of the UN The death and rebirth of Sustainable Development Rio+20 preparatory process UN Development Group's initial ideas on Sustainable Development Goals The birth of the SDGs 2. Understanding Complexity: Development or Sustainable Development Parallel Paths Emerging as One Introduction Preparations for 2015 The Open Working Group: An unusual negotiation process Sustainable Development is not business as usual Intergovernmental Committee of Experts on Sustainable Development Financing (ICESDF) The UN System Task Team Informal alliances - why are they important and how did they shape the process? Stakeholder preparation and influence in the policy definition process 3. The Big Year: The Preparatory Process Introduction Moving forward from the Open Working Group (OWG) The Third International Conference on Financing for Development United Nations Sustainable Development Summit and the Pope's address Indicators - the Statistical Commission 2015 4. A Transformational Agenda: Outcomes from 2015 and What They Mean Introduction A journey finished another one started - retrospective look at what has been achieved Climate Change and the 2030 Agenda: competing or complimentary agendas? Is the UN fit to implement the 2030 Agenda? Implementation at the National Level Local and Sub-national level The Role of Partnerships Private sector 5. Understanding the Future: From 2015 to 2030, the Challenges Ahead Introduction Global Migration, forced Displacement a new phenomenon Nexus: Climate Water Energy Food From exclusion to inclusion: a new policy response to peace and security challenges Health Disruptive industries Afterword 2030 Agenda adoption poem Annex 1 Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Author BiographyFelix Dodds is a Senior Fellow at the Global Research Institute and a Senior Affiliate at the Water Institute at the University of North Carolina, USA, and also an Associate Fellow at the Tellus Institute, Boston, USA. Felix has edited or written fourteen books on sustainable development and UN-related issues and was Chair of the 2011 UN DPI NGO Conference 'Sustainable Societies Responsive Citizens'. From 1992 to 2012 he was Executive Director of the Stakeholder Forum for a Sustainable Future. Ambassador David Donoghue is Ireland's Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York, USA. He co-facilitated, with the Permanent Representative of Kenya, the negotiations at the UN which produced the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. He also co-facilitated, with the Permanent Representative of Jordan, the negotiations which agreed the outcome of the High Level Meeting on large movements of refugees and migrants held at the UN on 19 September 2016. Jimena Leiva-Roesch is a Senior Policy Analyst at the International Peace Institute. Previously she was a diplomat for the Permanent Mission of Guatemala to the United Nations in New York, USA. She was a lead negotiator for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and for climate change. She offers hands-on training on multilateral negotiations to diplomats and students worldwide. Jimena was an active member of the Security Council team when Guatemala was an elected member in 2012-2013.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.15
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
- £5.20Trending at £5.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.