All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.21
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.48Trending at £11.04
- £14.99Trending at £17.00
- £14.87Trending at £16.69
- £8.44Trending at £9.57
- £4.51Trending at £5.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume analyzes the context, dynamics and key players shaping Nepal's ongoing peace process.
- Author BiographySebastian von Einsiedel works in the policy planning unit of the UN's Department of Political Affairs. From 2007 to 2008, he served as a political affairs officer with the UN Mission in Nepal providing analysis on a range of peace process related issues. He also served as Senior Program Officer of the International Peace Institute and as Special Assistant to its President. He was a member of the research team of the UN Secretary-General's High-level Panel on Threats, Challenges and Change and worked for two years in the Secretary-General's strategic planning unit. Einsiedel has published numerous journal articles and book chapters on multilateral security issues. David M. Malone was appointed as President of the International Development Research Center (IDRC) in July 2008 for a term of five years. Prior to that, he served as Canada's High Commissioner to India and non-resident Ambassador to Bhutan and Nepal. He currently serves as Adjunct Professor at the New York University School of Law and is a Senior Fellow of Massey College in the University of Toronto. He has published extensively on peace and security issues and his books include Does the Elephant Dance? Contemporary Indian Foreign Policy (2011), The Law and Practice of the United Nations (2008), The UN Security Council: From the Cold War to the 21st Century (2004) and The International Struggle Over Iraq (2006). Suman Pradhan is a former Nepali journalist who wrote extensively on the struggle to institutionalize democracy in Nepal, as well as on the Maoist conflict. His articles have been published in leading Nepal-based newspapers. He was the news editor of The Kathmandu Post newspaper from 2000 to 2003 when he also served as Nepal correspondent for Inter Press Service. He also served as a Nepal analyst for International Crisis Group from 2003 to 2005. Since late 2006, he has worked for the UN as a political officer in Nepal, Afghanistan, Pakistan and New York.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2012
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 b/w illus. 6 tables
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDavid M. Malone,Sebastian von Einsiedel,Suman Pradhan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.