Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.88Trending at £15.05
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.48Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Behavioral Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1046 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJ. Mark Ordy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
- Table Of ContentsI. Definitions, theories, methods, molecular, cellular, organ and species difference in aging.- 1. Principles of mammalian aging.- 2. Role of the nervous system in aging; correlations among life span, brain-body weight and metabolism.- 3. Relation of development and aging; pre- and postnatal differentiation of the brain as related to aging.- II. Psychophysiological changes in aging.- 4. The nervous system, behavior and aging; an interdisciplinary life-span approach.- 5. Sensory processes in man during maturity and senescence.- 6. Changes in learning and memory during aging.- 7. Two efferent systems; potential for later-life changes.- III. Neurophysiological changes in the nervous system in aging.- 8. Life span changes in the electrical activity of the human brain as reflected in the cerebral evoked response.- 9. Changes in neuromuscular relationships in aging.- 10. Changes in limbic, neuroendocrine and autonomic systems, adaptation, homeostasis during aging.- 11. Autoimmunity and aging of the nervous system.- IV. Neurochemical changes in the nervous system in aging.- 12. Neurochemical changes in composition, metabolism and neurotransmitters in the human brain with age.- 13. Age changes in the human for some enzymes associated with metabolism of catecholamines, GABA and acetylcholine.- 14. Age-related changes in nucleic acids and protein synthesis.- 15. Neurochemistry of the developing and aging mammalian brain.- 16. Changes in brain lipids in aging.- 17. Age pigment: a biochemical indicator of intracellular aging.- V. Morphological changes in the nervous system in aging.- 18. Gross morphometric analyses and quantitative histology of the aging brain.- 19. Changes in microanatomy, neurocytology and fine structure with aging.- 20. Lipofuscin; intra- and extraneuronal accumulation and regional distribution.- 21. Changes in the neuronal microenvironment associated with aging.- VI. Environmental modifiability or plasticity of the brain and neuroendocrines from maturity to senescence.- 22. Effects of alcohol on aging in the nervous system.- 23. Ionizing irradiation and aging.- VII. Neuropathology and aging.- 24. Aging changes in relation to diseases of the nervous system.- VIII. Neurobiology and aging in nonhuman primates.- 25. Neurobiology and aging in nonhuman primates.- IX. Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.