Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.28Trending at £16.26
- £13.30Trending at £13.53
- £13.45Trending at £16.42
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
- £5.45Trending at £7.98
- £12.58Trending at £17.98
- £8.50Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe chapters are organized into five sections, the first three of which address cranial and intracranial brucellosis, spinal brucellosis, and brucellosis of the peripheral portions of the nervous system.
- Author BiographyMehmet Turgut, MD, PhD, graduated from the Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey and later specialized in neurosurgery at Hacettepe University Hospital, Ankara, Turkey. In 2004, he received his PhD from the Department of Embryology and Histology, Ege University Health Sciences Institute, Izmir, Turkey. He is currently Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery, Adnan Menderes University School of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey. His fields of expertise and research interests are broad and include developmental neuroscience, pediatric neurosurgery, infectious diseases of the central nervous system, and peripheral nerve surgery. Dr. Turgut is an editorial board member for 17 international journals, including Central European Neurosurgery, Journal of Spine, Journal of Pediatric Neurology, Journal of Spine & Neurosurgery, and Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice, and a reviewer for a wide range of international journals and research programs. He is the lead or co-author of numerous publications in international journals as well as many book chapters and other publications. Fuad Sami Haddad, BA, MD, FRCS (C), FACS, graduated from the School of Medical Sciences at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon, in 1948, and trained in Neurosurgery under Wilder Penfield at the Montreal Neurological Institute. When he returned to Beirut, at the end of 1955, he was one of the first fully trained neurosurgeons in the Middle East, if not the first. He returned to his alma mater, where he reached the position of Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery and Chairman of the Department of Surgery. He held the position of Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery at many universities in the USA, including the University of Chicago, the University of Iowa, the Cleveland Clinics, the University of New York, and the University of Arkansas. He was the founder of the Lebanese Society of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, The Middle East Neurosurgical Society, The Lebanese Society for the Welfare of the Physically Disabled, Le Club International de Neurochirurgie, The Lebanon Chapter of the American College of Surgery, the Arab Society of Neurological Sciences, the World Association of Lebanese Neurosurgeons and the Lebanese Society of Surgical Neurologists. He held the position of Editor-in-Chief of the Lebanese Medical Journal. He is at present retired from medical practice. He has written many scientific articles (over 160) and several books and has edited others. Oreste de Divitiis, MD, graduated from the Federico II University School of Medicine of Naples, Italy in 1992 and subsequently specialized in neurosurgery at the La Statale University School of Medicine of Milan, Italy. Since 2005 he has been Associate Professor in the Division of Neurosurgery, Federico II University, School of Medicine of Naples, Italy, where he holds the position of Chief of the Oncological Microneurosurgical Department. In 2008 he has also spent time overseas, including at the Institute of Anatomy of the University of Vienna and the International Neuroscience Institute of Hannover, Germany. His fields of expertise and research interests are broad and include oncological neurosurgery, spinal neurosurgery, infectious diseases of the central nervous system, and peripheral nerve surgery. Dr. de Divitiis is an editorial board member of international journals including World Neurosurgery and Indian Neurology and is a reviewer for a wide range of international journals and research programs. He is the lead or co-author of numerous publications in international journals as well as many book chapters and other publications.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication19/12/2015
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note2 Tables, black and white; 32 Illustrations, color; 10 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 182 p. 42 illus., 32 illus. in color.
- Weight584 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byDr. Mehmet Turgut,Fuad Sami Haddad,Oreste De Divitiis
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.