Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £126.46Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £16.33Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 24 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.18Trending at £9.52
- £15.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £7.75
About this product
- DescriptionAs world populations continue to age, the incidence of very common, ultimately fatal neurodegenerative diseases will increase exponentially. This book explores the diverse impacts and intense meanings of genetic diagnoses for patients suffering from such diseases, and for their family caregivers and clinicians.
- Author BiographyCarole H. Browner is Professor in the Department of Anthropology, the Department of Womens Studies, and the Center for Culture and Health, which is based at UCLA's David Geffen School of Medicine NPI-Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, USA. She is also editor of the collection, Reproduction, Globalization and the State: New Theoretical and Ethnographic Perspectives (Duke University Press, 2010). H. Mabel Preloran has over 25 years experience as a cultural anthropologist in the US and in Latin America. She is a Research Anthropologist in UCLA's David Geffen School of Medicine NPI-Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, USA. Her current research focuses on the use of genetic testing in neurology.
- Author(s)Carole H. Browner,Mabel H. Preloran
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2009
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleGenetics and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.