Neuronal Dynamics: From Single Neurons to Networks and Models of Cognition by Wulfram Gerstner, Richard Naud, Werner M. Kistler, Liam Paninski (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £30.40Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery
- Est. delivery by 29 Jan
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £14.99+ £4.00 P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by wigmores
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis solid introduction uses the principles of physics and the tools of mathematics to approach fundamental questions of neuroscience.
- Author BiographyWulfram Gerstner is Director of the Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience and a Professor of Life Sciences and Computer Science at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland. He studied physics in Tubingen and Munich and holds a PhD from the Technical University of Munich. His research in computational neuroscience concentrates on models of spiking neurons and synaptic plasticity. He teaches computational neuroscience to physicists, computer scientists, mathematicians, and life scientists. He is a co-author of Spiking Neuron Models (Cambridge, 2002). Werner M. Kistler received a Master's and PhD in physics from the Technical University of Munich. He previously worked as Assistant Professor in Rotterdam for computational neuroscience and he is the co-author of Spiking Neuron Models (Cambridge, 2002). He is now working in Munich as a patent attorney. His scientific contributions are related to spiking neuron models, synaptic plasticity, and network models of the cerebellum and the inferior olive. Richard Naud holds a PhD in computational neuroscience from the EPFL in Switzerland and a Bachelor's degree in physics from McGill University, Canada. He has published several scientific articles and book chapters on the dynamics of neurons. He is now a postdoctoral researcher. Liam Paninski is a Professor in the Department of Statistics at Columbia University and co-director of the Grossman Center for the Statistics of Mind. He is also a member of the Center for Theoretical Neuroscience, the Kavli Institute for Brain Science and the doctoral program in neurobiology and behavior. He holds a PhD in neuroscience from New York University and a Bachelor's from Brown University. His work focuses on neuron models, estimation methods, neural coding and neural decoding. He teaches courses on computational statistics, inference, and statistical analysis of neural data.
- Author(s)Liam Paninski,Richard Naud,Werner M. Kistler,Wulfram Gerstner
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2014
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note280 b/w illus. 6 tables 80 exercises
- Weight1130 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £106.12Trending at £131.87
- £36.63Trending at £42.25
- £36.75Trending at £43.99
- £35.51Trending at £67.50
- £11.80Trending at £15.87
- £27.85Trending at £40.74
- £19.60Trending at £28.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.