All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £12.37Trending at £14.49
- £32.27Trending at £33.25
- £8.89Trending at £9.50
- £7.29Trending at £8.99
- £11.32Trending at £11.68
- £10.55Trending at £11.21
- £8.85Trending at £12.38
About this product
- DescriptionArising from an International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) project this book explores the most promising innovations in technology, institutional, and policy approaches for creating additional and better farm business opportunities for smallholder farmers.
- Author BiographyPeter Hazell trained as an agriculturalist in the UK before completing his PhD in agricultural economics at Cornell University. He had a long career as a research economist at the World Bank and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), including serving as director of the environment and production technology division and the development strategy and governance division. He has been Visiting Professor at Imperial College London and a Professorial Research Associate at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. His extensive and widely cited publications include works on new methods of using mathematical programming to solve farm and agricultural sector planning problems; the impact of technological change on growth and poverty reduction; the appropriate role of agricultural insurance in developing countries; and agriculture's growth linkages to the rural non-farm economy. He has worked throughout Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Central America. Atiqur Rahman has held various managerial, research, and teaching positions at IFAD and previously worked at the Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies. He was a visiting Professor at the University of California, Riverside and an Adjunct Professor at John Cabot University, Rome. He was the lead co-coordinator and researcher of the IFAD 2001 Rural Poverty Report. He has published widely.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note38 Figures, 32 Colour Plates, 76 Tables, 17 Boxes
- Weight968 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byAtiqur Rahman,Peter B.R. Hazell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.