All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.88Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
About this product
- DescriptionFully-updated third edition of the standard work on the identification of the wild vascular plants of the British Isles.
- Author BiographyClive Anthony Stace BSc, PhD, DSc graduated from the University of London in 1959 and gained his doctorate at the Natural History Museum London in 1963. For the next 41 years he carried out research and teaching in the Universities of Manchester and Leicester, where he is now Emeritus Professor of Plant Taxonomy. His research mainly involved the taxonomy, biosystematics and cytogenetics of western European flowering plants. He has been a keen field botanist for over 60 years, and field-work was an important part of both his research and teaching programmes. He was President of the Botanical Society of the British Isles 1987-89. He has produced about 200 scientific papers and books, including Hybridization and the Flora of the British Isles (1975), Plant Taxonomy and Biosystematics (1980, 1989) and Interactive Flora of the British Isles (2004). He was elected Honorary Fellow of the Linnean Society in 2004.
- Author(s)Clive A. Stace
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note180 b/w illus.
- Weight1800 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover,Trade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.