Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.90
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £9.68Trending at £10.05
- £14.25Trending at £14.98
- £16.59Trending at £25.28
- £22.22Trending at £23.50
- £10.38Trending at £10.88
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the New Orleans African American community, this title pays homage to the city, its region, and its residents, by mapping recent and often contradictory social and cultural transformations, and seeking to counter inadequate and often pejorative accounts of the people and place that give New Orleans its soul.
- Author BiographyEric Porter is Professor of American Studies, History, and History of Consciousness at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He is the author of What Is This Thing Called Jazz? (UC Press), winner of a 2003 American Book Award, and The Problem of the Future World. Lewis Watts is Professor of Art at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He is a photographer and visual archivist and coauthor of Harlem of the West, The San Francisco Fillmore Jazz Era. His photography has been exhibited internationally and it is in the collections of major museums across the country.
- Author(s)Eric Porter,Lewis Watts
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note91 b/w photographs
- Weight485 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.