All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.99
- £8.13Trending at £9.74
- £25.45Trending at £26.78
- £26.30Trending at £27.78
- £17.99Trending at £19.66
- £7.47Trending at £8.16
- £8.23Trending at £11.98
About this product
- Author(s)Yin Cheong Cheng
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducation in the Asia-Pacific Region: Issues, Concerns & Prospects
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight733 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
- Table Of ContentsList of Figures. List of Tables. Preface. Introduction.- Section 1: New Paradigm for Education Reform: 1. New Paradigm for Educational Reforms: Globalization, Localization, and Individualization.- 2. Three Waves of Education Reform: Internal, Interface, and Future.- 3. Fostering Local Knowledge and Human Development in Globalization of Education.- 4. A New Theory of Self Learning in Networked Human and IT Environment.- 5. Economic Considerations in Education Reforms and Policymaking.- 6. A Comprehensive Framework for Analysis of Education Reform Policy.- . Education reforms in the Asia-Pacific Region: Trends, challenges, and research.- 8. Education Reforms Towards the Third Wave: The Case of Hong Kong.- Section 2: New Paradigm for Educational Leadership: 9. New Paradigm for School Leadership.- 10. School Leadership and three Waves of Education Reforms.- 11. Leadership for Strategic Management and Action Learning.- 12. Leadership and School Performance: Multi-dimensional and Multi-level Study.- 13. Characteristics of School Leadership and Influence of Societal Culture.- Section 3: Re-engineering School Management for Effectiveness: 14. Evaluating School Effectiveness: Conceptualization and Practical Dilemmas.- 15. Monitoring Education Quality at Multi-levels: Framework and Practice.- 16. Studying Cultural Factors in Educational Effectiveness.- 17. Managing Teacher Effectiveness: Multiple Models & Multi-dimensions.- 18. Implementing Multi-level Self-management in Schools.- 19. Reengineering Total Home-school Partnership.- 20. Managing Parental Involvement in Education with a New Framework.- 21. Managing School Crises with Multi-perspectives.
- Author BiographyProfessor Yin Cheong CHENG is the President of the Asia-Pacific Educational Research Association (APERA). He is also the head of the Asia-Pacific Centre for Education Leadership and School Quality of the Hong Kong Institute of Education. He has published internationally 14 academic books and 190 book chapters and academic journal articles on education effectiveness, paradigm shift in education, and management reform. Among his books, School Effectiveness and School-based Management: A Mechanism for School Development has been published in four language editions. Some of his publications have been translated into Chinese, Hebrew, Korean, Spanish, Czech, and Thailand languages. He was the chief editor of the Asia Pacific Journal of Teacher Education and Development six years and is at present serving on the advisory boards of 9 international journals. Prof. Cheng's research has won him a number of international awards and recognition including the Awards for Excellence from the Literati Club in UK in 1994, 1996-98, 2001 and 2004. In recent few years, Prof. Cheng has been invited to give over 30 keynote/plenary speeches by national and international organizations such as APEC, UNESCO, UNICEF, ICER, ICSEI (Australia, Hong Kong and Canada), International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), Ford Foundation (US, Africa), etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.