Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £47.76Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £19.55Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.96
- £19.99Trending at £22.59
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- DescriptionUnique and accessible synthesis of modern cosmology from a famous and internationally respected author.
- Author BiographyMartin Rees, born in 1942, is a Royal Society Professor and Fellow of King's College, Cambridge. He also has the honorary position of Astronomer Royal. He has held chairs at the University of Sussex and the University of Cambridge. He is a former director of the Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge, and has held visiting positions at Harvard, Caltech and Princeton. In addition to his unique contribution to the field as a researcher, he is the winner of the American Institute of Physics science writing prize, and is a talented lecturer at all levels. In 1993, he was invited to give a series of public lectures under the auspices of the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, reviewing the progress of cosmology and its future prospects. These highly successful lectures were published as Perspectives in Astrophysical Cosmology (Cambridge University Press, Lezioni Lincee Series, 1995) and the updated and revised version is presented here.
- Author(s)Martin J. Rees
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2002
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note36 b/w illus. 2 tables
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.