Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £23.85Trending at £31.98
- £17.50Trending at £17.88
- £9.94Trending at £10.16
- £29.24Trending at £35.99
- £14.39Trending at £22.48
- £15.03Trending at £15.37
- £7.73Trending at £7.90
About this product
- DescriptionTakes a critical-thinking approach to teaching Windows 8 concepts and skills. This book covers features to the Windows Operating System including Apps, the Charms Bar, mobile computing, and touch screen capabilities.
- Author BiographyJune Parsons purchased her first computer, an Apple II+, in 1981 and quickly became fluent in BASIC, dBASE II, Lotus 123, WordStar, and a variety of accounting programs. The next year she opened a successful small computer retail store with Dan Oja that also offered software instruction to children and adults. Dr. Parsons taught at the university level for more than 20 years. She holds a doctorate in Educational Technology and was certified by the ICCP in 1995. Dr. Parsons began writing and creating educational software for Course Technology in 1992. She contributed to the Windows for Business and Illustrated Series and developed the New Perspectives, e-Course, and Practical series. She works via the Internet with a team of highly skilled media specialists and desktop publishers located in various states and provinces. An esteemed professional and respected author, Dan Oja, along with June Parsons, purchased an Apple II+ in 1981 and quickly became fluent in BASIC, dBASE II, Lotus 123, WordStar, and a variety of accounting programs. The next year, he and Dr. Parsons opened a successful small computer retail store that offered software instruction to children and adults. With Dr. Parsons, Mr. Oja began writing and creating educational software for Course Technology in 1992. Together, they contributed to the leading success of the Windows for Business and Illustrated Series. They also developed the New Perspectives, e-Course, and Practical series. Today, Mr. Oja's and Dr. Parson's team of highly skilled media specialists and desktop publishers located in various states and provinces work together via the Internet to deliver exceptional texts. Lisa Ruffolo has been a technical writer and editor for over 20 years, with a recent emphasis on operating systems. She also teaches professional development courses in technical writing at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is an avid gardener in her free time.
- Author(s)Dan Oja,Joan Carey,June Jamrich Parsons,Lisa Ruffolo,Patrick Carey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication28/12/2012
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Weight679 g
- Width216 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.