All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Asst Prof Adela Souralova
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 3 b&w illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: 'Where do the children play?'; 'We are here alone': the hiring decision in the struggle for family resettlement; 'We need each other': childcare as a paid and fulfilling activity; 'Everything for us but nothing with us': the meaning of motherhood, delegation of care work and its consequences; 'From nanny to granny': caring as kinning; 'Europe is my brain, Asia is my heart': grandmotherland and kinning as home-bonding; Conclusion: mutual dependency, emotionality, and kinship ties in care-giving; Appendices; Bibliography; Index.
- Author BiographyAdela SouralovA! is Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology, Social Anthropology and Office for Population Studies at Masaryk University in the Czech Republic.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £24.97Trending at £27.59
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.