All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new translation of Rilke's groundbreaking volume, following the formal properties of the original poems, especially meter and rhyme, as closely as English allows.
- Author BiographyRainer Maria Rilke: Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926) is one of the world's most beloved poets. Working at the cusp of the century, Rilke bridged the gap between traditional and modernist poetics. Born in Prague, Rilke traveled widely across Europe and Egypt, living for a substantial amount of time in Paris. Joseph Cadora: Joseph Cadora is a guitarist, writer, and translator whose fiction and non-fiction have been published in Southern Humanities Review, The Montserrat Review, and the San Francisco Chronicle. His collection of short stories, The Millennial Fictions, won the 2009 Eisner Prize for Prose. Poet and translator Robert Hass served as the United States Poet Laureate from 1995 to 1997. He has been honored with a MacArthur Genius Fellowship, the National Book Award, a Pulitzer Prize, and the National Book Critics' Circle Award. Mr. Hass is a professor of English at University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)George C. Schoolfield,Len Krisak,Rainer Maria Rilke
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationColumbia, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintCamden House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight782 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine39 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £39.36
- £6.80Trending at £8.96
- £2.81Trending at £3.38
- £4.67Trending at £5.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.