CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThere have been more prisons in London than in any other European city. Of these, Newgate was the largest, most notorious and worst. This work tells the story of Newgate's origins, the criminals it held, the punishments meted out and its rebuilding and reform.
- Author BiographyStephen Halliday is an expert on the history of London and the author of two outstanding works on social history, 'The Great Stink of London: Sir Joseph Bazalgette and the Cleansing of the Victorian Metropolis' and 'Underground to Everywhere: London's Underground in the Life of the Capital'.
- Author(s)Stephen Halliday
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note12 black and white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.