Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £3.48Trending at £3.86
- £10.82Trending at £11.63
- £8.23Trending at £9.95
- £4.82Trending at £7.49
- £6.66Trending at £7.10
- £7.38Trending at £7.64
- £6.02Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionWith lavish illustrations and an original short story by Philipp Meyer, this is the first major career retrospective of photographer and filmmaker Nic Nicosia, whose fabricated images evoke the sense of something askew or threatening within normal life
- Author BiographyNic Nicosia's work has been exhibited in several biennials, including the Whitney Biennials of 1983 and 2000 and Documenta IX in 1992, and collected by many major museums internationally, including the Museum of Modern Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art, and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York City; the Los Angeles County Museum of Art; the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth; the Dallas Museum of Art; the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; and the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago. He was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship in 2010. Michelle White is Associate Curator at the Menil Collection. She is a frequent contributor to Art Papers and served for three years as the regional editor of the quarterly journal, Art Lies. Philipp Meyer is the acclaimed author of the novels American Rust and The Son. Sue Graze is Director Emeritus of Arthouse at the Jones Center.
- Author(s)Nic Nicosia
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- Series TitleM. Georgia Hegarty Dunkerley Contemporary Art Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note181 color and b&w illus.
- Weight2132 g
- Width305 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Pagination254 pp
- Introduction byMichelle White
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.