All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive biography of one of the greatest and most careful observational astronomers of all time. He mapped the southern sky and named many of the constellations. In addition, he contributed to geodesy, navigation, and celestial mechanics.
- Author BiographyIan Glass is an Astronomer at the South African Astronomical Observatory, and Adjunct Professor at James Cook University. His previous books include Revolutionaries of the Cosmos: The Astrophysicists, Victorian Telescope Makers: The Lives and Letters of Thomas and Howard Grubb, and Proxima: The Nearest Star (Other than the Sun).
- Author(s)Ian Stewart Glass
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note48 b/w illustrations
- Weight504 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.