Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £397.49Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by tronixltd
- Est. delivery by 28 Sep
- £220.00Free P&P
- Used condition
- Sold by cameraspares
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nikon Nikkor AF D IF 24 mm-85 mm f/2.8-4.0 is a zoom lens that brings distant subjects closer and is ideal for landscapes, full length portraits, travel and general photography. With an aperture range of f/2.8-22, this 24 mm-85 mm Nikon lens lets you click clear and detailed photos even in low-light conditions. The Nikon Nikkor AF D IF 24 mm-85 mm f/2.8-4.0 zoom lens has a construction of 15 elements in 11 groups, which addresses image blurring, distortion and chromatic aberrations to deliver high-quality photos. This Nikon lens accepts 72 mm filters of various types to reduce glare, improve saturation and block harmful UV rays.
- TypeAspherical,Macro/Close Up
- Focal LengthZoom
- Focus TypeAuto & Manual
- Focal Length (mm)24-85mm
- Optical Zoom3.6x
- Camera TypeSLR
- Depth8.3 cm
- Diameter7.9 cm
- Weight545 g
Most relevant reviews
- photomagben07 Jun, 2015by
don't bother, there are better lenses for the same price or use prime!
Lens with good focal range but sharpness if far from excellent, no point to use f2.8 if there is no detail on the picture... nice heavy lens non plastic but producing poor image, def not worth the money...
- ben7string07 May, 2015by
Outstanding lens for macro and low light - well worth the money spent.
I bought this lens for my use with my Nikon D300 in low light and high speed situations - for which it works beautifully, even without a VR function. It also excells at macro with the finest ultra-close-ups of flowers, insects and products that I've hoped to capture. The only reason I've marked it at 4 stars (4.9 really) is that there's no manual-automatic focus switching and I would prefer to sometimes be able to quickly transfer into manual.
- riga-plain08 Aug, 2014by
Good focal length lens, I use as my walkaround lens most of the time.
I bought this lens for the wide f2.8 to use with Nikon 7000 in low light condition, having used it I find the image a bit soft wide open, and I am a little disappointed. I find that flare and ghosting are could be a problem in high contrast scenes, however stopping a couple of stops, I got some excellent results. I am not bothered too much about distortions and CA, as I can live with it.
- keith27a03 Feb, 2012by
One of the best
This must be one of the most underrated lenses in the Nikkor lineup. As other reviewers have said it is sharp at all apertures and across the frame and focuses fast even though it does not have an internal motor. It is an excellent general purpose lens and the macro performance is the icing on the cake. It is the best £200 I have ever spent on a lens.
- afzalna17 Aug, 2011by
Next best thing to 24-120 F4 however a lot of sample variation exists
If you cannot afford the 24-120mm VR F4, then for the price this is the next best thing. I couldnt so I bought one and so glad that I did. It appears that there is a lot of sample variation in the market. I also have an unproven theory that all the bad reviews are from lenses pre 2006 which include Thom Hogan and Ken Rockwell. Well i bought a new lens from a super seller which served me very well. For the price you get a 25-85mm MACRO 1:2. IT is very decent. You get F2.8 at the wide end which is absolutely sharp at F4. the 75-85mm is however considerably soft but is very sharp by F8. When I say sharp I am comparing with the likes of 24-70mm and the 55mm MACRO. The colour rendition is good and distortion reasonably well controlled. I wont photograph architecture at 24mm due to a moustache (wavy) distortion. Overall for the price it is a great lens. It is somewhere between a PRO and CONSUMER lens and the next best thing (in my view) to the VR 24-120mm. Beware of sample variation before purchase though Read full review
Best-selling in Lenses
Save on Lenses
- £1,187.50Trending at £1,684.00
- £1,079.99Trending at £1,253.83
- £1,794.90Trending at £2,343.78
- £1,247.36Trending at £2,010.48
- £1,491.48Trending at £2,255.91
- £719.00Trending at £1,049.99
- £1,106.38Trending at £1,402.71