Best-selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- £749.00Trending at £1,029.98
- £524.00Trending at £547.29
- £1,279.00Trending at £1,396.73
- £899.99Trending at £1,206.21
- £1,025.00Trending at £1,594.04
- £832.00Trending at £1,196.27
- £639.00Trending at £677.70
About this product
- Product InformationA compact digital still camera with 2.0 effective megapixels, the Coolpix 2000 is the most accessible model of the Coolpix digital camera lineup. The extremely easy-to-use Coolpix 2000 is designed to offer digital novices an ideal introduction to digital photography. The camera's core users are people who have found the prospect of digital photography intimidating, but have a keen interest in exploring the various applications it offers, such as printing, e-mailing, online photosharing, and more. Such users will find the Coolpix 2000 an easy and enjoyable way to make the jump into the exciting world of digital imaging. Featuring a 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens, with a 5.8-17.4mm (equivalent to 38-114mm in 35mm  camera format) focal range and 2.5x digital zoom, the Nikon Coolpix 2000 delivers exceptional optical performance, and together with the 2.0 effective megapixels, ensures images with impressive color, contrast and clarity. The simplified, ergonomic design of the Coolpix 2000 makes it easier than ever to enjoy the benefits of digital photography. Auto mode is ideal for most photo-shooting situations. With the camera's 5 scene modes, even beginning digital photographers can shoot with the confidence that they will get optimal image results for a range of situations. The Transfer function simplifies image data uploading, and the Small Picture function produces reduced-size pictures ideal for e-mailing or Web posting. With its simplicity of operation and array of features and accessories, the Coolpix 2000 promises to show how easy and enjoyable Nikon digital photography can be.
- Camera TypeCompact
- Optical Zoom3x
- Digital Zoom2.5x
- Sensor Resolution2.0MP
- Screen Size1.5"
- Sensor Size1/2.7"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range4-30cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera38 - 114mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/1000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed1 sec
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Programme
- Light SensitivityISO 100
- Light Sensitivity Max100
- Flash TypeBuilt-in Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.4 m - 2.7 m
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in mode,flash OFF mode,night mode,red-eye reduction
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryCompactFlash
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Optical Viewfinder TypeReal-image zoom
- Depth3.8 cm
- Height6.9 cm
- Width10.8 cm
- Weight190 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 1.5" - colour
- Display Size1.5"
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video output
- Expansion Slot1 x CompactFlash Card - type I
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS 9,Apple Mac OS 9.2,Apple Mac OS X 10.1.2 or later,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows 98 SE,MS Windows ME,MS Windows XP
- Run Time Up To60 min
- Battery Description4 x AA alkaline battery ( included )
- Battery Form FactorStandard form factor
- Digital Video FormatQuickTime
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Max Video Resolution320 x 240
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- FeaturesBacklight Compensation,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Display Drightness Control
- Shooting ModesFrame movie mode
- Shooting ProgramsBacklight,Beach/snow,Night mode,Night portrait,Party/indoor,Portrait mode
- Video CaptureQuickTime - 320 x 240 - 15 fps - 20sec - max clip duration
Most relevant reviews
- electron17817 Aug, 2011by
A lovely old friend I will keep for as long as it stays alive.
Don't get me wrong, this is now a really old camera but the 2mp images are sharp and with great contrast. If you can bear the size (large) you will get some lovely images. Ignore the screen and trust that the camera has exposed it properly.
- tatmum105 Sep, 2007by
Perfect for beginners
I purchased this camera because i'm not brilliant with technology as such, but this camera is so easy to use even i think i'm the next David Bailey. It's simple and straight forward. There is only one fault i have with it and thats battery life, they dont really last very long but i have spoken to people who have digital cameras and it seems they have the same problem, the advice i was given and the advise i give to you is invest in a good battery charger and 2 sets of rechargable batteries. It takes beautiful photographs, very clear and sharp. Perfect for beginners.
- galacticenterpr...06 Apr, 2007by
good, easy-to use option for non-professionals
This camera is a good, easy-to-use option for non-professionals. It isn't the best in terms of resolution quality, but it does the job well enough and would be a great choice for beginners
- witteringpc02 Apr, 2007by
Not a bad item
The item is a lovley first camra for someone who just wants an nice and quick and easy way to take photos are partys and friend gettogethers.
- kazlanred05 Jan, 2007by
A Good Choice had by all!!
I wanted to buy this camera for my parents for Christmas, they do not have a computer but not to worry because there was a memory card to use. When i came across this particular one i thought it was an ideal first camera, because it had the menus etc on a dial and looked very easy to understand, and being as my parents and technology are not very compatible,(they have only just got used to a mobile phone!) bless them, i thought this would be fab. I bought it, was very pleased, wrapped for xmas, and i learned a week before Christmas my parents bought themselves a digital camera as a treat !!! Not to worry my daughter came to the rescue.