Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.69Trending at £4.80
- £4.88Trending at £5.94
- £6.95Trending at £8.31
- £6.97Trending at £9.99
- £4.90Trending at £8.88
- £4.44Trending at £4.87
- £4.95Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is a compendium of the biographies of many notable harpists of the modern era, examining how these performers shaped the styles and techniques of playing that have developed since the mid-19th century. The A-Z entries include critical review, discographies and selected bibliographies.
- Author BiographyWENONAH MILTON GOVEA is Professor Emeritus of Music at California State University in Hayward. She is a composer, performer, and teacher and has shared her talent with her community as director of numerous local honor choirs as well as introducing harp in the public schools. She also established her university's harp program, expanding it to include a harp ensemble which performed professionally. Recently, she initiated the AHS Summer Institute for student harpists and was instrumental in the formation of the American Harp Society Foundation.
- Author(s)Wenonah Milton Govea
- Date of Publication30/06/1995
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleBio-Critical Sourcebooks on Musical Performance
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword bySally Maxwell
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.