Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- £4.49Trending at £4.87
- £5.43Trending at £5.75
- £4.87Trending at £4.96
- £4.87Trending at £5.05
- £3.29Trending at £4.87
- £3.85Trending at £4.06
- £4.93Trending at £5.05
About this product
- DescriptionA just-about-true story of real-life characters who loved a grand old house and the natural beauty of its surroundings on the Ashley River of Charleston, South Carolina. Join Nipper, an energetic little dog, and his beloved Charlotta Drayton as they travel from Charleston's Battery to historic Drayton Hall and spend a spring day in 1916.
- Author BiographyLewis, Amey Parsonsis a former teacher living with her husband on Wadmalaw Island near Charleston, South Carolina. She earned a B.A. in English from Francis Marion University and holds dear her forty-year association with Drayton Hall and the Drayton family. A mother of three and grandmother of seven, Lewis has a lifelong love of reading and teaching, which led her to write Nipper of Drayton Hall, her first book. Gerry McElroy is a graduate of the Parsons School of Design and a former New York fashion designer. A freelance artist and art instructor, McElroy is the mother of three and now lives at Edisto Beach, South Carolina. Stephanie Meeks is president and CEO of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, a privately funded nonprofit organization that works to save America's historic places.
- Author(s)Amey Parsons Lewis
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- GenrePicture Books
- Series TitleYoung Palmetto Books
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Note24 illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gerry McElroy
- Foreword byStephanie Meeks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.