Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.00
- £19.38Trending at £30.03
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £4.46Trending at £4.99
- £10.61Trending at £12.34
- £11.87Trending at £14.47
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- DescriptionUncovers the early days and development of No 56 Squadron, its victories and losses, and the birth of a proud tradition.
- Author BiographyAlex Revell has been interested in World War 1 aviation since the age of six and he began serious aviation research in the early 1960s. Primarily interested in people and their role in the 1914-18 air war, he traced and interviewed many ex-members of the RFC/RAF/RNAS and is particularly proud that many of them became personal family friends. An internationally acknowledged researcher into the history of the RFC/RAF and RNAS during World War 1, Alex Revell has had many articles published in specialist aviation magazines and the journals of Cross and Cockade International and The First World War Aviation Historical Society, of which he is a founder member. His has written a number of aviation-related World War 1 titles over the years. Alex Revell's latest book, British Single-Seater Fighter Squadrons on The Western Front in World War 1, was recently awarded 'Book of the Month' in Aeroplane Monthly. The author lives in Cornwall, England.
- Author(s)Alex Revell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/09/2009
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleAviation Elite Units
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 33
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight399 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Illustrator(s)Harry Dempsey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.