All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- Author(s)Alexandria Walton Radford,Thomas J. Espenshade
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2013
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note55 line illus. 81 tables.
- Weight857 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations ix Acknowledgments xvii Chapter One: Overview 1 Chapter Two: Preparing for College 14 Chapter Three: What Counts in Being Admitted? 62 Chapter Four: The Entering Freshman Class 130 Chapter Five: Mixing and Mingling on Campus 176 Chapter Six: Academic Performance 226 Chapter Seven: Shouldering the Financial Burden 263 Chapter Eight: Broader Perspectives on the Selective College Experience 298 Chapter Nine: Do We Still Need Affirmative Action? 339 Chapter Ten: Where Do We Go from Here? 378 Appendix A: The NSCE Database 411 Appendix B: Notes on Methodology 431 Appendix C: Additional Tables 462 References 483 Index 523
- Author BiographyThomas J. Espenshade is professor of sociology at Princeton University. Alexandria Walton Radford completed her PhD in sociology at Princeton University and is the associate director of postsecondary education at MPR Associates Inc. in Washington, DC.
- PrizesWinner of American Sociological Association Sociology of Education Pierre Bourdieu Book Award 2011.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.