All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.34
- £45.12Trending at £47.49
- £12.21Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.98
- £13.11Trending at £13.71
- £12.86Trending at £16.87
- £10.00Trending at £11.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis book showcases insights on process and prospects for Cuban economic reform under the current regime, including foreign direct investment, import substitution, entrepreneurship and business creation, science and technology development and fiscal policies.
- Author BiographyClaes Brundenius is Honorary Professor at the Research Policy Institute (RPI), Lund University, Sweden. He holds a PhD in Economic History from Lund University. Before joining the staff at RPI he was attached to the OECD Directorate for Scientific Affairs in Paris. He has been a Guest Professor at Pittsburgh University (1984) and Smith College (1987), USA. Between 1997 and 2003 he was Senior Researcher at the Centre for Development Research in Copenhagen. His main interest is research and policy studies on the role and impact of Science, Technology and Innovation policies and strategies in developing countries. His current work has focused on policy analysis of technological change and knowledge based development in developing and transition economies, notably in Latin America and the Caribbean, East Asia, and Southern Africa (SADC). His latest book (co-editor with Bo Goransson) is Universities in Transition - The Changing Role and Challenges for Academic Institutions (Springer, New York, 2011). Ricardo Torres Perez holds a PhD in Economic Sciences from the University of Havana. He is currently associate professor with the Centro de Estudios de la Economia Cubana (CEEC) at the University of Havana. He was a government scholar at Hitotsubashi University in Japan (2007-2009) and visiting researcher at Harvard University and the Ohio State University (2012). He has published in the Harvard International Review and has chapters in several books, including Cincuenta anos de la economia cubana (Editorial Ciencias Sociales, Havana, 2010) and Cuba: hacia una estrategia de desarrollo para los inicios del siglo XXI (Editorial Universidad Javeriana de Cali, 2012).
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note41 Illustrations, color; 10 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 260 p. 51 illus., 41 illus. in color.
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byClaes Brundenius,Ricardo Torres Perez
- Edition Statement2014 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.