All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIreland is neither cursed with snakes, nor blessed with nightingales. In these five stories, specially dramatised for BBC Radio 4, feature modern Irishwomen emerging from a culture where they knew their place into a more hazardous, but more rewarding light.
- Author BiographyMaeve Binchy was born in Dublin, and went to school at the Holy Child Convent in Killiney. She took a history degree at UCD and taught in various girls' schools, writing travel articles in the long summer holidays. In 1969 she joined the Irish Times and for many years she was based in London writing humorous columns from all over the world. She is the author of five collections of short stories as well as twelve novels including Circle of Friends, The Copper Beech, Tara Road, Evening Class and The Glass Lake. Maeve Binchy died on 30 July 2012. She is survived by her husband, the writer Gordon Snell.
- Author(s)Maeve Binchy
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight89 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Read byFull Cast,Harry Towb,Niamh Cusack,Sam Dale
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time75
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £10.97Trending at £13.41
- £9.62Trending at £11.37
- £10.48Trending at £13.47
- £9.52Trending at £11.93
- £6.48Trending at £7.95
- £6.93Trending at £8.94
- £6.92Trending at £8.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.