Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.91Trending at £16.98
- £9.18Trending at £9.52
- £15.50Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £7.75
About this product
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication20/06/2016
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight770 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byEffie Tsakalidou,Konstantinos Papadimitriou
- Table Of ContentsPreface Chapter 1 - Food Security and the Role of Local Communities in Non-Cow Milk Chapter 2 - Non-Cow Milk Production: The Greenhouse-Gas Emissions and Climate Change Chapter 3 - Husbandry Practices and Animal Health Chapter 4 - Influence of Animal Health, Breed and Diet on Non-Cow Milk Composition Chapter 5 - The Composition and the Properties of Non-Cow Milk and Products Chapter 6 - The Microbiota of Non-Cow Milk and Products Chapter 7 - Existing Technologies in Non-Cow Milk Processing and Traditional Non-Cow Milk Products Chapter 8 - Novel Technologies for Dairy Processing: Application for Non-Cow Milk Chapter 9 Macro- and Micro-Nutrients in Non-Cow Milk and Products and Their Impact on Human Health Conclusion
- Author BiographyEffie Tsakalidou is Professor of Food Biochemistry in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition. She is also the Director of the ACA-DC collection of microorganisms of the Laboratory of Dairy Research. Her research interests lie in the field of lactic acid bacteria, with emphasis on taxonomy, metabolism, physiology, genetics, bioinformatics, antimicrobial peptides, probiotics and technological performance. She has co-authored over 280 publications in the above fields, 280 publications in the above fields, including 86 research papers and 8 review papers in peer-reviewed journals along with 14 book chapters, and presented 8 non-conference invited papers, 121 papers in international conferences and 73 papers in national conferences. She is the coordinator of a number of National and European research projects, member of the Editorial Board in international scientific journals as well as member of scientific societies. Effie Tsakalidou is the Head of the Laboratory of Dairy Research. Since 2012, she is the Vice President of the Council of the Agricultural University of Athens. Konstantinos Papadimitriou was awarded his PhD degree on the stress physiology of lactic acid bacteria in 2006 with distinction. Since then, Dr. Papadimitriou has worked in different projects funded by EU or national funds as a research associate in the group of Prof. Tsakalidou. His main research interests include the microbiology of milk and milk products, the physiology, the genetics and the genomics of lactic acid bacteria, the metagenomics of food ecosystems, single cell microbiology, plasmid biology and applied bioinformatics. Dr. Papadimitriou has published twenty-one original research articles and has received more than 200 citations. Dr. Papadimitriou and Prof. Tsakalidou are the editors of the book entitled The stress physiology of lactic acid bacteria published by Springer (2011). Furthermore, Dr. Papadimitriou is a member of the editorial board of Applied and Environmental Microbiology (ASM) and has served as an ad-hoc reviewer in more than twenty research journals.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.