Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.38
- £82.97Trending at £89.09
- £24.23Trending at £25.18
- £23.65Trending at £26.16
- £22.21Trending at £24.28
- £14.93Trending at £22.99
- £16.56Trending at £20.37
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Fox introduces readers to the techniques of kernel estimation, additive nonparametric regression, and the ways nonparametric regression can be employed to select transformations of the data preceding a linear least-squares fit.
- Author BiographyJohn Fox is professor of sociology at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Fox earned a PhD in sociology from the University of Michigan in 1972, and prior to arriving at McMaster, he taught at the University of Alberta and at York University in Toronto, where he was cross-appointed in the sociology and mathematics and statistics departments and directed the university's statistical consulting service. He has delivered numerous lectures and workshops on statistical topics in North and South America, Europe, and Asia, at such places as the summer program of the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, the Oxford University Spring School in Quantitative Methods for Social Research, and the annual meetings of the American Sociological Association. Much of his recent work has been on formulating methods for visualizing complex statistical models and on developing software in the R statistical computing environment. He is the author and co-author of many articles, in such journals as Sociological Methodology, Sociological Methods and Research, The Journal of the American Statistical Association, The Journal of Statistical Software, The Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Statistical Science, Social Psychology Quarterly, The Canadian Review of Sociology and Anthropology, and The Canadian Journal of Sociology. He has written a number of other books, including Regression Diagnostics (SAGE, 1991), Nonparametric Simple Regression (SAGE, 2000), Multiple and General-ized Nonparametric Regression (SAGE, 2000), A Mathematical Primer for Social Statistics (SAGE, 2008), and, with Sanford Weisberg, An R Companion to Applied Regression, Second Edition (SAGE, 2010). Fox also edits the SAGE Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences (QASS) monograph series.
- Author(s)John Fox
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/01/2000
- Series TitleQuantitative Applications in the Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.