All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £12.42Trending at £12.58
- £64.15Trending at £79.00
- £25.00Trending at £38.42
- £68.08Trending at £69.07
- £14.52Trending at £18.62
- £17.90Trending at £19.97
- £28.56Trending at £32.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is ideal for looking at research undertaken with limited funds, using a small sample of convenience, in a health care setting with the primary objective of improving client care and obtaining better client outcomes.
- Author BiographyMarjorie A. Pett, MStat, DSW, is a Research Professor in the College of Nursing at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, having been on the faculty since 1980. By her own admission, she is a collector of academic degrees: BA (Brown University), MS in sociology (University of Stockholm, Sweden), MSW (Smith College), DSW (University of Utah), and MStat (Biostatistics) (University of Utah). Dr. Pett has a strong commitment to facilitating the practical application of statistics in the social, behavioral, and biological sciences, especially among practitioners in health care settings. She has designed and taught graduate courses to students from a variety of disciplines at the beginning and advanced levels, including research design and data management, parametric and nonparametric statistics, biostatistics, multivariate statistics, instrument development, and factor analysis. She has tried to approach the teaching of statistics with humor and from a clinician's perspective and has been the recipient of several distinguished teaching awards both at the College and University levels. Her most recent research interests include the development of client-centered assessment tools and interventions to evaluate and enhance health-related quality of life (HRQoL) for persons with intellectual disabilities. She is the author of numerous research articles and chapters, and is an author of the Sage publication, Making Sense of Factor Analysis: The Use of Factor Analysis for Instrument Development in Health Care Research. When not engaged in research, writing, or teaching, Marge is a (now retired) state soccer referee, devotee of tennis, an avid (high handicap) golfer, student of Italian and French, reader of mystery novels, grandmother to three, mother to two, and wife to (only) one.
- Author(s)Marjorie A. Pett
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.