Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £18.23Trending at £18.43
- £14.28Trending at £16.36
- £36.44Trending at £37.41
- £13.31Trending at £13.52
- £12.06Trending at £15.87
- £10.99Trending at £15.68
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a well-rounded understanding of nonverbal learning disabilities (NVLD) in children, placing it within the context of other developmental disorders, most notably high-functioning autism and Asperger's syndrome.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Davis, Ph.D., is currently an Associate Professor at California State University, East Bay, and Chair of the Educational Psychology Department, where he teaches and supervises. He received his Ph.D. from the U.C. Berkeley School Psychology program and did clinical postdoctoral studies to become a licensed psychologist. He has a special interest in learning and developmental disorders having been the director of a school and clinic for students with learning disabilities for 13 years, which provided diagnostic and intervention services. His current clinical work is primarily with children and adults with learning disorders. His writing and research interests include articles and book chapters in the areas of mental health consultation, suicide/crisis intervention, and learning disorders. Jessica Broitman, Ph.D., is the President emeritus of the San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group and Executive Director of its Clinic and Training Center. She frequently lectures on Weiss's Control Mastery Theory worldwide. Currently a psychoanalyst in private practice since 1980, she has worked with families who have learning disabled children for more than 10 years. She is currently involved in several research projects concerning the treatment and understanding of NVLD, and has a special interest in helping professionals and families understand and treat this disorder.
- Author(s)Jessica Broitman,John M. Davis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/05/2011
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight233 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.