CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £27.00Trending at £37.22
- £27.10Trending at £39.94
- £17.32Trending at £18.01
- £9.50Trending at £16.53
- £19.17Trending at £19.49
- £4.97Trending at £6.99
- £8.83Trending at £9.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis inclusive and readable book explores the Indian roots, culture, society, lifestyles, politics, and art of Mexican Americans and the contributions of the people to and their influence on American history and the mainstream culture.
- Author BiographyArnoldo De Leon is C.J. Red Davidson Professor of History at Angelo State University in San Angelo, Texas, where he has taught since 1973. He is the author of several works on Texas history and Mexican American history, among them The Tejano Community, 1836--1900 (1982, 1997); They Called Them Greasers: Anglo Attitudes Toward Mexicans in Texas, 1821--1900 (1983); Ethnicity in the Sunbelt: A History of Mexican Americans in Houston, Texas (1989, 2001); Racial Frontiers: Africans, Chinese, and Mexicans in Western America, 1848--1890 (2002); and Tejano Epic: Essays in Honor of Felix D. Almaraz Jr. (2005) . His numerous awards and distinctions include selection as Fellow of the Texas State Historical Association and membership in the Texas Institute of Letters. Ricardo (Richard) Griswold del Castillo is a professor of Chicana and Chicano Studies at San Diego State University and Chair of the department . He was born in Los Angeles and attended UC Berkeley and the University of Dijon, France, getting his B.A. and Ph.D. in history from U.C.L.A. He taught Chicano and U.S. History at L.A. Trade Tech, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and has been at SDSU for thirty years. His published books include The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo: A Legacy of Conflict (1990); La Familia: Chicano Families in the Urban Southwest, 1848 to the Present (1984); The Los Angeles Barrio, 1850--1890; A Social History (1980); Cesar Chavez: A Triumph of Spirit (with Richard Garcia) (1995); and with Arnoldo De Leon, North to Aztlan: Mexican Americans in United States History (1996, 2006) . He is currently working on a collaborative project entitled, A Chicano and Mexicano History of San Diego. He is married and has six children and seven grand children.
- Author(s)Arnoldo De Leon,Richard Griswold del Castillo
- PublisherHarlan Davidson Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationWheeling IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarlan Davidson Inc
- Content Notemaps, photos & charts
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.