All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovers some of England's grandest country houses in Northamptonshire such as the Elizabethan Renaissance Kirby Hall, the Jacobean mansion at Apethorpe, the late seventeenth-century French-inspired Boughton, Hawksmoor's stately Baroque Easton Neston and the interiors of Althorp that provide a survey of changing taste through the centuries.
- Author BiographyBruce Bailey is a Northamptonshire man and has contributed to both of the previous editions of the guide to the county in this series. He serves as archivist at Drayton House and for the Althorp Estate.
- Author(s)Bruce A. Bailey,Nikolaus Pevsner
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/09/2013
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: Buildings of England
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Width121 mm
- Height215 mm
Most relevant reviews
- antdee5915 Aug, 2017by
This is another volume in this peerless series on the buildings of England by county. If you have any interest in architecture and history there is nothing better.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.95
- £35.99Trending at £48.20
- £27.44Trending at £28.52
- £108.14Trending at £157.74
- £14.41Trending at £16.03
- £10.18Trending at £12.22
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.