All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNorthern Tanzania Travel Guide - expert advice and travel tips on everything from Arusha highlights and day trips to safaris, guides and wildlife tracking. Also featuring birdwatching, the Serengeti, climbing Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar, Moshi, Usambara Mountains, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, the Rift Valley, Kondoa Rock Art and Maasai tribes.
- Author BiographyPhilip Briggs has been exploring the highways, byways and backwaters of Africa since 1986, when he spent several months backpacking on a shoestring from Nairobi to Cape Town, and first visited Tanzania, bussing from Nairobi to Dar es Salaam then catching the Tazara Railway to Zambia. He has returned to Tanzania numerous times, among other things to research and author the first Bradt Guide to Tanzania in 1992/3, as well as all seven subsequent editions. Tanzania aside, he has visited more than two dozen African countries in total and written about most of them for specialist travel and wildlife magazines BBC Wildlife, Travel Africa and Wanderlust. He still spends at least four months on the road every year, usually accompanied by his wife, the travel photographer Ariadne Van Zandbergen, and spends his rest of the time battering away at a keyboard in the sleepy South African coastal village of Wilderness. Chris McIntyre went to Africa in 1987, after reading Physics at Queen's College, Oxford. He taught with VSO in Zimbabwe for almost three years and travelled extensively, before writing his first guidebook in 1990. He has since written Bradt guides to Namibia, Botswana and Zambia, and co-authored (with his wife, Susan) the last four editions of Bradt's Zanzibar guide - the latest of which is being thoroughly revised at the same time as this book. Chris now runs specialist tour operator Expert Africa, where he leads a team of dedicated Africa addicts who provide impartial advice and organise great safaris to Africa, including Tanzania. He can be contacted on email@example.com.
- Author(s)Philip Briggs
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication01/05/2017
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £9.84Trending at £10.25
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.