All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth inquiry into the identity construction of refugee women. It challenges and rethinks current identity concepts, policies, and practices in the context of a globalizing environment, and in the increasingly racialized post-September 11th context, from the perspective of refugee women...
- Author BiographyMaroussia Hajdukowski-Ahmed is a Professor at McMaster University who teaches in the French Department, the Women's Studies Program, and at the Institute on Globalization and the Human Condition. As a principal investigator of the McMaster Research Centre for the Promotion of Women's Health, she conducted studies with immigrant and refugee women, co-authored Women's Voices in Health Promotion and published essays on dialogism, participatory research, culture and mental health, and on exilic women's narratives. Nazilla Khanlou is Associate Professor at the LSB Faculty of Nursing and Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, and is the upcoming inaugural Ontario Women's Health Council Chair in Women's Mental Health Research at York University. She has received major peer-reviewed grants from federal and provincial research funding agencies, and conducted policy informing research (Status of Women Canada). She has published numerous articles, books, and reports on youth, immigrant health, and mental health promotion. Helene Moussa has had extensive experience as an educator, researcher, and administrator, as well as in policy and organizational development, networking, and advocacy. Her last position before her retirement was with the World Council of Churches, Geneva, Switzerland as executive secretary for uprooted people with regional responsibilities with partners in the Middle East, Asia, and the Pacific.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight612 g
- Width147 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHelene Moussa,Maroussia Hajdukowski-Ahmed,Nazilla Khanlou
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.