All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the rise of Jewish secularism through the visionary writers and thinkers who led its development. Presenting the history of Judaism from the Bible onwards, this book shows how the secular tradition these visionaries created is a uniquely Jewish one, and how the emergence of Jewish secularism was not merely a response to modernity.
- Author BiographyDavid Biale is the Emanuel Ringelblum Professor of Jewish History at the University of California, Davis. His books include Blood and Belief: The Circulation of a Symbol between Jews and Christians and Eros and the Jews: From Biblical Israel to Contemporary America .
- Author(s)David Biale
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.