All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.44
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe text for this edition of Notes from Underground is Michael Katz's acclaimed translation of the 1863 novel, which is introduced and annotated specifically for English-speaking readers.
- Author BiographyFyodor Dostoevsky wrote The Brothers Karamazov, Crime and Punishment, The Idiot, and many other novels. Michael R. Katz, is C. V. Starr Professor of Russian and East European Studies at Middlebury College. He is the author of The Literary Ballad in Early Nineteenth-Century Russian Literature and Dreams and the Unconscious in Nineteenth-Century Russian Fiction. He has translated and edited the Norton Critical Editions of Fyodor Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground and Ivan Turgenev's Fathers and Children. He has also translated Alexander Herzen's Who Is to Blame?, N. G. Chernyshevsky's What Is to Be Done?, Dostoevsky's Devils, Druzhinin's Polinka Saks, Artsybashev's Sanin, and Jabotinsky's The Five. He lives in Cornwall, Vermont.
- Author(s)Fyodor Dostoevsky
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication14/08/2000
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Notechronology, bibliog
- Weight260 g
- Width129 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byMichael R. Katz
- Volume editorMichael R. Katz
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.