All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.77
- £8.13Trending at £8.93
- £25.45Trending at £26.50
- £26.30Trending at £27.70
- £17.99Trending at £19.46
- £7.47Trending at £8.08
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
About this product
- DescriptionDecommissioning nuclear facilities involves materials that may be highly radioactive and therefore require sophisticated methods of containment and remote handling. This book describes the techniques used for dismantling redundant nuclear facilities, the safe storage of radioactive wastes and the restoration of nuclear licensed sites.
- Author BiographyDr. Langley is head of Technical Services Group within the Planning, Performance and Engineering Division of the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA). Dr. Langley obtained a PhD in physical chemistry from Queen's University, Belfast and has worked in universities and industry both in the UK and Australia, until joining the UKAEA in 1978. He has managed a broad range of projects on renewable energy technologies and nuclear fuel processing, including strategic studies. Since 1990 he has been involved in various capacities with managing the decommissioning program at Harwell and other UKAEA sites.
- Author(s)Colin Bayliss,Kevin Langley
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication10/10/2003
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.