Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.24Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 26 Sep
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNuclear power is a highly topical issue and there is widespread debate concerning future energy budgets and how to replace our dependence on fossil fuels. Here, Maxwell Irvine provides an introduction to the nature of nuclear energy, looking at the risks, the relevance of nuclear power, and the potential of nuclear fusion.
- Author BiographyJohn Maxwell Irvine is formerly an honorary professor of Physics at Manchester University, and was formerly Vice Chancellor of Aberdeen University and later of Birmingham University. He is a past chairman of the Science and Engineering Council's Nuclear Physics Committee and of the Royal Society of Edinburgh's Inquiry into Energy Issues for Scotland. He was also a special advisor to the UK's Committee on Radioactive Waste Management.
- Author(s)Maxwell Irvine
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notec.15 black and white illustrations
- Weight134 g
- Width115 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.66
- £15.72Trending at £18.12
- £16.94Trending at £24.65
- £17.29Trending at £28.12
- £23.97Trending at £26.11
- £23.56Trending at £40.17
- £11.91Trending at £20.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.