All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Global Security Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white tables, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBrecht Volders,Tom Sauer
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction, Brecht Volders and Tom Sauer 2. The nuclear threat: a two-level analytical framework to assess the likelihood of nuclear terrorism, Brecht Volders 3. Internal dynamics of a terrorist entity acquiring biological and chemical weapons, Jean Pascal Zanders PART I: Preventing Radiological Terrorism 4. Promoting alternatives to high-risk radiological sources, Miles Pomper and Aaron Gluck 5. Time for a convention on radiological security?, Sylvain Fanielle and Piotr Andrzejewski 6. The threat of a self-sustained chain reaction device, Ivan Andryushin, Eugeny Varseev and Gennady Pshakin PART II: Preventing Attacks on Nuclear Facilities 7. Attacking nuclear facilities: hype or genuine threat?, Gary Ackerman and James Halverson 8. Nuclear security in Belgium: evolution and prospects, Rony Dresselaers and Sylvain Fanielle PART III: Preventing the Detonation of a Crude Nuclear Device 9. Searching for the nuclear silk road, Steve Sin and Marcus Boyd 10. Securing Pakistan's nuclear arsenal: the threat from within, Pervez Hoodbhoy and Zia Mian PART IV: Nuclear Security Governance and Culture 11. Nuclear security culture: from concept to practice, Igor Khripunov 12. Nuclear security commitment making: results of the summit process, Michelle Cann 13. Nuclear security diplomacy beyond summitry, Trevor Findlay 14. Conclusion, Tom Sauer and Brecht Volders
- Author BiographyBrecht Volders is a researcher in the Department of Politics at the Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium, and a PhD candidate. Tom Sauer is Associate Professor in International Politics at the Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium, and author of Eliminating Nuclear Weapons: The Role of Missile Defense (2011).
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.72
- £3.95Trending at £4.02
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.