All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscusses the project where London Fieldworks produced 3D shape information from EEG readings of renowned artist Gustav Metzger's brainwaves as he attempted to think about nothing. This data was translated into instructions for a manufacturing robot, which carved out the shapes from the interior of a block of stone to create a void space.
- Author BiographyJo Joelson and Bruce Gilchrist's work has been featured in a number of recent publications including: Far Field: digital culture climate change and the poles (Intellect Books, 2011); My Green City: Back to Nature with Attitude and Style (Gestalten, 2011); Searching for Arts New Publics (Intellect Books, 2010); ART+SCIENCE NOW, a visual survey of artists working at the frontiers of science and technology (Thames and Hudson, 2010); Beyond Architecture Imaginative Buildings and Fictional Cities (Gestalten, 2009); London Fieldworks: Syzygy/Polaria (Black Dog Publishing, 2002).
- Author(s)Bronac Ferran,Hari Kunzru,Nick Lambert
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Content Note68 illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byBruce Gilchrist,Jo Joelson
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.69Trending at £22.81
- £17.08Trending at £25.00
- £18.95Trending at £26.98
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £14.89Trending at £19.93
- £12.18Trending at £17.96
- £8.48Trending at £8.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.