All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £16.52Trending at £16.99
- £11.70Trending at £13.98
- £7.49Trending at £12.99
- £11.27Trending at £12.09
- £20.22Trending at £24.94
- £10.67Trending at £12.97
- £7.40Trending at £10.08
About this product
- Author(s)Theoni Pappas
- PublisherWide World Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Carlos, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWide World Publishing,U.S.
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout
- Weight214 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Author BiographyTheoni Pappas is passionate about mathematics. A native Californian, Pappas received her B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley in 1966 and her M.A. from Stanford University in 1967. She taught high school and college mathematics for nearly two decades, then turned to writing a remarkable series of innovative books which reflect her commitment to demystifying mathematics and making the subject more approachable. Through her pithy, non-threatening and easily comprehensible style, she breaks down mathematical prejudices and barriers to help one realize that mathematics is a dynamic world of fascinating ideas that can be easily accessible to the layperson. Her various math calendars and over 15 math books appeal to both young and adult audiences and intrigue the I hate math people as well as math enthusiasts. Three of her books have been Book-of-the Month Club(TM) selections, and her Joy of Mathematics was selected as a Pick of the Paperbacks. Her books have been translated into Japanese, Finnish, French, Slovakian, Czech, Korean, Turkish, Russian, Thai, simplified and traditional Chinese, Portuguese, Italian, Vietnamese, and Spanish. In 2000 Pappas received the Excellence in Achievement Award from the University of California Alumni Association. In addition to mathematics Pappas enjoys the outdoors, especially the seashore where she has a home. There she bicycles, hikes and swims. Her other interests include watercolor painting, photography, music, cooking and gardening.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.