All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £6.99Trending at £8.98
- £9.60Trending at £13.18
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £11.32Trending at £12.44
- £6.40Trending at £6.94
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing from historical examples, this book explains the role that numbers and, in particular, mathematics play in all aspects of our civilization and culture. Each chapter focuses on the influence of mathematics in a specific field and on a specific historical figure, such as Pythagoras: Numbers and Symbol ; Bach: Numbers and Music ; and more.
- Author BiographyA highly respected applied mathematician, the author was Austria's Scientist of the Year 2004. He is also the creator of math.space, a one-of-a-kind project located at the Viennese MuseumsQuartier, one of the world's ten biggest museum complexes. It opened in January 2003 with the goal of showing that mathematics is one of the highest cultural achievements of our society.
- Author(s)Rudolf Taschner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byOtmar Binder
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.