All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe improved second edition of this book provides the mathematical foundations of numerical methods. It demonstrates their performance on examples, exercises and real-life applications using the MATLAB software environment.
- Author BiographyAlfio Quarteroni (see http://www.cirs-tm.org/researchers/researchers.php?id=319): Author of a huge amount of books Professor and Chair of Modelling and Scientific Computing (CMCS) at the Institute of Analysis and Scientific Computing of EPFL, Lausanne (Switzerland), since 1998. Professor of Numerical Analysis at the Politecnico di Milano (Italy) since 1989 and Scientific Director of MOX, since 2002. Research Interests : His current research involves computational fluid dynamics, modelling and simulation of haemodynamics, numerical analysis of domain decomposition methods with application to multi-physics problems. Awards and Honors : * NASA Group Achievement Award for the pioneering work in Computational Fluid Dynamics as a member of the ICASE numerical analysis and algorithms group, 1992. Member of the Lombard Academy of Science (Istituto Lombardo di Scienze e Lettere) (since 1995). * Chairman of the Mathematics and Computer Science RTN evaluation panel of the E.U., 1999. * Co-chairman (with P.L.Lions) of the AMIF research programme of the European Science Foundation (1996-2001). * Recipient of the Galileian Chair, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy (2001). Premio Agrumello 2003. * Laurea Honoris Causa in Naval Engineering , University of Trieste, Italy, October 2003. * Recipient of one of the SIAM Outstanding Paper Prize 2004 (for a paper in collaboration with A. Veneziani and P. Zunino). * IACM (International Association for Computational Mechanics), Fellow Award, 2004. * Member of Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, (Italian National Academy of Sciences) 2004. * President of the Evaluation Panel Mathematics and Computer Sciences of CIVR, 2005.
- Author(s)Alfio M. Quarteroni,Fausto Saleri,Riccardo Sacco
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- Series TitleTexts in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 37
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note135 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1116 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.